Gong Xi Fa Chai 2012

It is the second day of the Water Dragon Year, - and rightfully (... according to Asian tradition) I should not be working today. The last blog was posted more than a month ago, though not because I was indulging in seasonal laxness: I was attending to client portfolios to make sure we take advantage of the recent opportunities in the market.  And I tended to family obligations for Christmas, hardly something you could seriously call 'indulging'.

source: Christian Science Museum , via staticflicks.com
As Chinese New Year tradition demands, here is a telling picture of a dragon totally mesmerised by an oversized pearl.   It is a very beautiful sight indeed, but I can't help wondering whether this pearl is a size too big for this dragon?  Will he bite off more than he can chew?  Or are we underestimating the dragon's ability to rule the roost - and businesses in general - as he so often accomplished in past Dragon Years? Yes, you guessed it. We may well be facing another year when punters are drifting between notions of 'the glass is half full' and '...half empty'.  At the moment I think, - the glass is full enough to take profit, quickly !

That's it for today.  I start the more regular updates soon, i.e. early February, probably.  Apologies to those who read my blog, waiting for updates more regularly. Before that, I need to put a few new plans into action, promises I made to me and my investors.  Then I will again have spare time to - entertain.

Happy Investing with the intriguing notions of the Water Dragon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Financial Market Update April 17, 2020

Financial Markets Out Of Sync Part I

2015 Mid-Year Financial Market Report: Intro-Overview